Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - tips for getting a car to start in below 0* ) weather???
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:42 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothale View Post
When I was in Logan it stayed 40 below for one week straight, engine Must be in good tune, good plugs and wires, . you don't say what year dodge you have . We used to swap in a 6 V starter, only crank it for 30 seconds max or you could cook the starter, My old Fe Ford was 11-1 Cr, isky cam, 3 2's, pump the gas one time then hit the switch and it was running in 3 seconds. in the winter I run 5 w 20 oil. A heater under the hood or an old trouble light helps, and a blanket over the hood. they make heaters that you can install in the radiator hose, easier to install than a block heater. they also make battery heaters like an old in home heating pad. UP here it's going to be at least 10 below tonight. I have to have the block heater on my case backhoe plugged in for at least 3 hours before it will start, and sometimes have to use starting fluid. My 7.3 ford diesel is hard to start any time it even gets close to freezing. I used to take the big battery charger to work with me and some times have to use the boost- starting settings to get it to start, 2 batteries were about 4 years old.
its supposed ot get to -6* tongiht right now my thermometer is reading 7*

its a 96 dodge intrepid