Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - tips for getting a car to start in below 0* ) weather???
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:56 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
If it doesn't start after your 1 to 2 hour charge, do bring the battery in over night or at least leave the charger on overnight, timothale is correct, a battery can freeze quickly when not charged. If you do get it running, let it run for quite some time, not just to get the car good and warm but to put a good charge in the battery...may not be a bad idea to put some gas line antifreeze in it. I don't know how full your tank is but in this cold weather if it's below 1/4 tank that's when gas lines freeze up. Water is lighter than gasoline and has a tendency to hang around the top of the tank, when your tank gets low, your sucking more moisture into your engine and can freeze up easier.

Ray
im just a touch below a 1/4 tank, had a late night at work the other night ( didnt get home till 3am) so i didnt stop to put gas in the car.

i already added one full bottle of heet gasline antifreeze to it today, first thing i was going to do if i got it running was drive it over to the gas station and fill it up

leaving the battery on the charger outside in the car overnight ok? i have a few curious pet cats who would be all over the charger and battery if i brought it inside over night so if i dont have to id much rather leave it outside on 2 amp charge overnight