Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - tips for getting a car to start in below 0* ) weather???
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:16 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATECH View Post
Fuel vaporizes better in warmer air, like heated intake air.
Early 80s GM cars had a grid under the carb to redue emissions on start up and cold start easability.
Also new cummins diesels have a 1000 watt intake air heaters in them to help cold starts.

Fact truly is stranger than fiction.
Glad it worked.
yeah i didnt do exactly what u said i stuck it under the plenum directly blowing on the fuel rails and injectors as i had a funny feeling the fuel was frozen inside the rail. when it started it was only running on 4/5 cyls once the engine temp started comming up it just sudden started to run right.

took it over to the gas station and filled the tank and threw another bottle of heet in it and let it run for another hour before shutting it off.

hopefully tommorow morning it will start right back up its going to be below 0 tongiht again

im deff picking up one of those circulating water heaters too i stopped by napa and they want 120 bucks for that 1000w one when i can get it under 50 bucks on amazon