Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - tips for getting a car to start in below 0* ) weather???
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:19 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 Z28 View Post
May have been mentioned before but some cars are equipped with low oil pressure cutoff that interrupts the ignition circuit if oil pressure falls below a certain level. The vehicle control module bypasses this in the start mode but only for a very short period. If when trying to start the oil pressure does not come up to a predetermined level the ignition circuit is interrupted. I think the suggestion for a crankcase heater is right on.

Vince

yeah this car doesnt have one , iuts actually been starting up great till th ebattery crapped out on me , funny thing is after i posted that it hasent done it again .

im still rpelacing it though its a standard interstate battery thats about 2-2.5 years old , ive never had good luck with a single standard car battery in a car with a high output alt and stereo system in the car so i may switch to a dual batt setup when i replace the battery this weekend