Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tips for shop layouts and tool purchases.
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Great article..I believe a shop is an ongoing work in progress as we do not always know just what tommorow may bring in what we need to do. One thing that has helped me is not to brign anything home that I do not have a current need for..that has meant passing on some "good deals" as I have neither time nor space to do anything with them.

I only buy tools now when I need them and have now gotten most of what I need..A bridgeport mill and lathe would be something to dream about tho.

And having a better area to paint in would also be good. One thing I have found is that if one can set aside a fabrication area where there is no parking or storage so one has a place to work on various parts of a project..that may be a welding bench for some guys..an engine build area for others..But mainly a place where one can set up and work on something without having to move it until that particular thing is done..

Lots of good ideas that have been shared here in this thread..

Sam