Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tires from China
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 04:19 PM
The AMC, FORD, & CHEVY Guy??!!

Last wiki edit: Improving fuel economy
Last journal entry: Finally on the road
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Good post JC it's just what I was thinking.

The New Balance shoe company is a perfect example. They were one of the last major shoe manufacturers that still made them in the USA. In the last couple of years most of their production has shifted to China. The just could not compete with Reebok and Nike who have cut prices since going oversees. Most people go into the department store and just buy the cheapest one and then complain everything is moving to China. Duh! Way to be the problem, genius.

Tools are the same way. Sears cannot compete with Home Depot and Lowe's chinese goods with USA made Craftsman, and thus more and more chinese tools show up in Sears every year.

Blame yourself: the consumer. Every cheep item you have bought from China has pushed the manufacturing industry over there. I try to get the USA items, but I am guilty of buying the cheap version myself from time to time.

Someone mentioned Chinese tires, and how the bike tires smell. Well I had to buy a Chinese bike. I went to the local bicycle shop and all the Trek, Raleigh, and Schwinn bikes are made in China too.