Hot Rod Forum banner

Toaster Design

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  DVierstra 
#1 ·
My latest project Ive been working on is a toaster from my design. I aslo built a scale model. This is all for my design classes. I also included 2 lamps I designed made from paper . Please critique my work. Your responses will help shape me into a better designer. Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
HA HA HA :thumbup:

Your Girl is cute :)

Glad to see you graduated !

Can you toast a piece of bread after its been buttered?

Does it automatically set its self for waffles bagels & Rye bread?

How long that take you?

Whats next a sanding block? :pimp:

R :thumbup:

#9 ·
I really dig the toaster. It's funny, but I was just shopping for a toaster the other day. Art Deco seems to tbe the trend. Though, I personally am looking for the art deco look being my home was made in the forties, your toaster would look right at home in a newer house where the art deco one looks out of place. Your toaster looks like it was late model car inspired which is what you should be doing. Designing new products is all about making them "fit in" with the world around them, and that toaster does just that. It looks alot like the dash designs of a 2008 car, very cool.

The lights, they are way out there like the runway designs in Paris where the models are wearing stuff like that. I don't "get it" but I don't have to, your teacher does. :D

The bottom one with the wire and cube is the most interesting.

You know, I never thought about just how much time goes into the design of stuff like that toaster on the store shelf. "Time" being MONEY, or pay check for the people who do them. I never thought about this until I was at a family reunion in Arkasas and met a cousin of the wifes who has done just that as a carreer for years! He worked for Maytag designing washers for years! Like I aways say "Thank God for the artist, this world would be pretty boring without them". So a BIG "Thank you" from me personally!

Brian

#14 ·
I like it! The design is simple but has modern lines. I like that the openings are beveled so that crumbs fall back into the toaster instead of laying on top.
Include a little brush/broom to sweep out crumbs and you have a great idea!
Also I like the design of the button location. :D Maybe offer in different color combos.

Hope this helps. - DV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.