Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Today for the first time I judged a car show.
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,160 Times in 1,024 Posts
It was a lot harder than I thought, yet most of the time it was easy. You know, it was like you could look at one square foot of the car and know what the rest looks like, does that make sense? As you walk up, in a few seconds you know what you are going to give the car. But then you look deeper and deeper to only confirm that. It was pretty neat. The only thing I didn't like was that there were some super special cars that weren't well detailed or "show cars" or anything but deserved a higher mark than I could give it. An example was an unrestored 36 Ford fire truck, awsome piece. And a 50ish Powerwagon "Forestry" truck. That darn thing was super cool, it looked like you could go fight a fire right now with it. It was well painted and detailed, for a "fire truck". But it sure as heck couldn't go nose to nose toes to toes with some of the street rods there. What we did was give out special awards for it and a few others.

Brian