Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Today's Hot Rodder-a different Culture
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,083 Times in 966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Sorry Guys, I disagree. There is nothing wrong with having to do it on a budget. I have been building cars since the late 60's and always had to do it on the cheap. My first responsibility was to my family. Providing my children with a good home and education is far more important than my car. This is why I have a home made English wheel and Taiwan tools. I can buy a 600 dollar '57 olds hard top and make something out of it. I am 67 years old and love to see the young guys building the low dollar traditional cars. They are a whole lot closer to what we had in the old days than the high dollar street rods being built by the baby boomers that have arrived at financial independence. I have a good deal of money in my roadster and certainly do enjoy it but God bless all the young guys who are doing the best they can with what they have to do with. Good Lord willing someday they, like me, will be able to spend a little more but until then I will be glad to see a little primer.

John L
I don't think you disagree at all John, that is what we are saying, there is a budget built car and there isn't at the same time. There are PLENTY of budget built cars out there, mine are that is for sure. I have to sell old stuff or tuck 20 bucks in my wallet every week to save up for stuff. There are just two different mindsets when it comes to this, but there are PLENTY of low budget builds and always will be.

Brian