Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Today's Hot Rodder-a different Culture
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:58 PM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

I'm a young guy (26 in two weeks) and I'm building what you could call a hotrod on my time, on my dime, with no help monetarily from anyone and supporting my family. I have two kids and yes they come first. My daily driver is a beat up old pick up with a lot of miles, I work blue collar and between me and my wife working full time we make probably less combined than your average college graduate.

My priority is to live in a nice safe neighborhood with a good school, so my rent on my home is about 20% of my annual combined income. Basically I'm not well off. My hotrod is a 1965 chevy pick up that cost less than $1000. It started as an undesirable long bed that needs a lot of paint and bodywork. It came with a mostly stock 1970s 4 bolt 350 and an sm420 transmission. It had no interior to speak of. When I first got it, I knew the basics and I've slowly made improvements to it as I learned more and had the time. It now has a 455 cubic inch Oldsmobile V8 and a 1962 jimmy long bed fleetside. It has a bench seat from a 68-72 truck and the interior chrome from a 63 medium duty truck. I'm working on getting rid of the sm420 and getting my hands on a st10 or muncie.

Everything I couldn't afford, I traded for. I wanted big cubes and found an option. I wanted a stepside and made it work. I wanted something fast and different and now I have it. It's still a work in progress and I'm learning everyday as I go.

My project has not been popular at all among any person I've shared it with, but it's for me so... so be it.

- Cameron