Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Today's Hot Rodder-a different Culture
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 PM

Last journal entry: 383 dyno sym
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Guys-a MRI was done on people while on a cell phone.Yes cell phones is on of my pet peeves.The results was activity the same as when of a illegal additive drug.All too many kids can't be separated from their cell or I-Pod.
Given my background of never making a living conventionally in the music business and then in performance parts,there is no way I would rag on the youth just because they are different.When I was young I did things to make a living so far from normal I never hear the end of you can't make money that way.But I did.

One of the most respectful,honest,delicate young people I have had the pleasure of meeting and being around are kids that came from a family the blended drag racing as apart of their family.The whole family was involved in the racing efforts.Everyone came to the track.Mom was supportive of it too.Mom and Dad met at the track.Winning was important,but win or lose the time spent together was more important at the end of the day.The kids grew up with it around them their whole lives.Everyone contributed not needing what other families had or trying to keep up with the Jone's so to speak.
It's those electronic dependent with sky high costs and then wanting to be involved in building a car too that I am talking about.It's those guys who believe they can't live without the excessive's and then come on for god's sake a car forum crying broke.Sorry for being blunt,but it's that guy who chose the wrong mate in a wife telling us his wife won't let him spend more than X that thinks involvement in cars will be the families down fall.And it's those youth that thinks a muffler,radio/huge amp and some plastic decorations makes a hot rod.
Is hot rodding something I do OR is who I am??. Well like bikers,it is who I am.Never thought I could acquire the tools and equipment that I have currently,but somehow I figured a way.Money forcing me to do parts of a build that I don't like,but I learn how because of that.A skill set??. For me that isn't a limitation.Short of physical limitations,I think like for me a skill set is a open door without limits as long as your willing to learn.

I'll give you a example of a car in my past in the early days.It was a 57 D/MP.Did we go to the junkyard for the 327 and four speed??. We sure did.But when it came to filling the 327 with TRW pistons,M/T aluminum rods,Isky roller cam,Lakewood bellhousing,Tunnel ram, Headman headers,I busted my butt to get the money to pay for that and more.Somehow I figured a way................

Oh yeah-I'm tell the poster the wages back then where a bad joke.The parts costs are and where relevant to the wage scale.Back then and now as well.Go ahead and build a 5.3.The wealth of them is about the same as the 327's in pick and pulls.Core charges relevancy is about the same and the aftermarket parts are about the same to today's pay scale.Believe it or not.