Hot Rod Forum banner

Tonite was an Oh "Sh**t here's what happened

821 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  FmrStrtracer 
#1 ·
I was having my son pull down a Chev 350 block, I bought from a friend. This is an " import... mexican crate 350, @ 10,ooo miles; we were gonna cam it up; all was going well until I tried to loosen the harmonic balancer center bolt. I felt resistance after about four turns outty, by the 5th twist the bolt broke off square in the crank. I feel pretty much "f***ed" anybody ever had any luck drilling and rethreading a crank centerbolt??? I doubt it but am willing to listen to any and all opinions.I don't really know which direction to go at this point concerning the motor, I am better than half way to road ready for summer. I just wanna get her rolling. At this point i could go with a 383 stroker kit, a 350 replacement crank or just bag the small block realm and step up to a Big Block.. whats up guys what would you try and do? Naturally funds can be a deciding factor.. but my push has come shove and well if divorce over completing my project comes up I rather sleep IN my car and On IT cuz it wont ***** at me, LOL actually I have a lot of spousal support... to a point.. been pushing it but I think WE (guys) all have to do that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.