Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - too much or enough motor
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:29 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
When you go for a test drive, what impresses you about the engineered ride quality?

The acceleration, the continuity of speed over changing terrain, the way the mirrors and dash do not shake, the smooth power at all throttle positions, the longevity of the service parts, the lack of rattles.

Do some research if you never used a .6 + lift cam. Roller or 454 means nothing. That is 180 degrees from a street driver.

4 speeds are fine not a problem with a race car. Why wouldnt it operate at 3000 rpm. Are you imagining its just going to die?
I dnt care if this motor shakes and rattles. I want power and if that's at the expense of a shaky car with a rough idle then I feel it's worth it. I wanna be able to hear that cam. My current 383 has an isky hyd flat 295 that sounds great. Not a smooth ride but great acceleration and I can feel the power through the rpm. I'm expecting a rough idle at 3000 or under. But a nice acceleration throughout the rpm.