Hot Rod Forum banner

Tool Review Part 1. It's a two-for-one review....

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  schnitz 
#1 ·
This is just a little deal I've been kicking around doing for some time now, and after wrenching a while today, it's time to do it. Once weekly (or every couple weeks), I'll write up a review of tools for the board viewership. Here goes the first.

For quite some time now, I've had this Craftsman 3 pc socket cap set. Just today, I used the 3/8" drive cap and my 9/16" flat ratcheting wrench to remove the doors from my Monte Carlo.

The ability to gain access to tight spaces coupled with the need for a ratchet made for the perfect place to use them. Sears does have a similar set , but for the money spent buying that set, you could easily pay for 11 sets of the socket caps, and save drawer space in your tool box. To drive all three caps, you only need three ratcheting wrenches. The 1/4" drive cap is driven by a 3/8" wrench, the 3/8" cap is driven by a 9/16", and the 1/2" cap is driven by an 11/16" wrench.

The reason I recommend the flat ratchet wrenches is that you don't have to worry about bumping the directional pawl while using the wrench. Simply turn it over to use the cap in the opposite direction. The full polish is a great feature for ease of cleaning, and they are slightly longer than a standard Craftsman wrench. Although a bit "spendy", it's money well spent IMHO. Both tools rate a 4 out of 5 stars in my book.

Both of these items are full lifetime warranted, and can be found in both the store and online at Sears.com.

In a while, Chet.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.