Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tool Review,Spot sandblaster
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey, yeah ... the comparison to an inter-galactic laser gun is what convinced me!

Seriously ... these are pretty good for very small jobs ... but they do take a while.

NAPA (Canada) sells the same thing in it's UltraPro tool line.

They actually have 2 versions:
Version 1: you buy the gravity-feed only gun, and then buy the capture kit as an add-on.

Version 2: Buy a convertable gravity/siphon gun which includes the capture stuff. And get this ... version 2 is very close to being the same price as version 1, so it's like getting the capture kit for free!

Obviously, I went with version 2 ... (P/N 65338) and I love it. If I have a considerable amount of blasting to do (without capturing), I'll fill a 5-gal pail with sand and blast away without have to stop to refill.

Switching between "modes" is very easy. Just flip a lever, remove or install the plug or siphon hose.

I've scanned the sheet that shows the kit contents / disassembly diagram. All literature is bi-lingual (English/French) as required in Canada, so I cropped the second page.

They don't seem to show the lever in the diagram, but I'm quite sure that it's on #23 "Conjunction" which must have been badly translated ... "Mixing chamber" is the term that I would have used ... which is a more literal translation as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ULT65338B.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	274.0 KB
ID:	9882   Click image for larger version

Name:	ULT65338A.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	9886   Click image for larger version

Name:	ULT65338C.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	9887  

Last edited by 66GMC; 02-06-2006 at 10:49 PM.