Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tools
Thread: Tools
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 11:53 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You bet S&K are good tools and they don't cost what Snap-On costs but they will run more than Craftsman, etc. I do know that in some areas S&K can be hard to find but if you can get them for a decent price you can count on them. I have no idea where S&K is made these days and it seems most everything is getting sourced out to overseas manufacturers but the sockets and even that torque wrench you mentioned look to be built as good as they were 20 or so years ago. One S&K tool I was especially impressed with years ago was the socket type Allen wrenches for use with a ratchet, to say those things were indestructible is an understatement! I don't know what they made them from but there was one job we had to do on a regular basis that was simply abusing them and the S&K held far up better than anything else even Snap-On! Even with the small tools like Allen wrenches and Torx drivers paying the extra money for the good stuff can make all the difference in the world between taking something apart or having to deal with stripped fasteners. I bought Snap-On when I started and at first it seemed I was working just to pay my tool bill but I never regretted it once and it payed off for me, I still have most every hand tool I bought when I started in '68 and if they are needed I can still count on them today. What's in that tool box can make all the difference between success and failure.