Hot Rod Forum banner

tools from harbor freight

19K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  techron 
#1 ·
hey all, i am looking at purchasing some specialty tools amd don't want to spend the money that other places are asking, i was wondering if any of you had any good or bad experiences with them, some of them are us general and pittsburg. please help me out as i am not that knowledgeable about them and i would like to get some feed back from ya'll. please help as to i am a young HOTTRODDER.
thank you
CRITTER

#27 ·
TubeTek said:
No idea what the $99 one inch one is like, but probably not so great.

I don't know good the cheap air wrenches are either but I would be surprised if they are much good considering the fact that they sell for little more than their scrap weight value. By HF standards the Thundergun line is not cheap but then it performs like a pro gun that costs a lot more and IMO is one of their better buys.

#30 ·
Vegaguy said:
If you are looking at buying something big from HF, I've notice they are running adds in alot of car mags and they have 20% off coupons that dont expire until Feb or Mar 2010. Thats a nice chunk off say the large toolchest or air comp.

One of those coupons saved me $639.80 when I bought my lathe from them a while back I just handed the girl my coupon and she deducted that amount, it was as simple as that. :D

BTW, the lathe is turning out to be the best bargain I have got from them so far. It's not old American quality to be sure but the darn thing is accurate, has lots of power and seems to be holding up just fine. I had been shopping for some time for a used machine but everything I found was worn out so after reading on other sites about these HF lathes and the huge savings with the coupons I thought I would give it a try, so far it's working out just fine and the cost after the coupon discount was ridiculously cheap, less than it would have cost to rebuild my old Summit.

#32 ·
OLDRED, (and chev 4X4), i haven't posted in a while but hope you guys remember me. i have been super busy working on my body off 64 vette resto-mod and building a friends 65 vette 383 stroker car, he copied my 383 and as a noob racer ran mid 12s in the 1/4 at infionion (sears point and has learned about auto-X and road racing he is having a blast.
he came over after the build and to see my pantera run. it was way faster than his 65. we went to the stokk's ranch car show. the C2 and the C4 were pristene at the the show. but my pantera was parked in the middle, holy crap, it was cool. we just cruised our cars up to the car show. then raced them back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.