Tools look like they are made In USA - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,078 Times in 961 Posts
If you don't care where something is made and only YOUR needs, you are a sell out, PERIOD.

A woman down the street may be better looking, may be better in bed, may be a better cook than my wife, but I am still going to be LOYAL to her.

Do I buy everything USA made, nope, darn near impossible and it makes me sick every time I find myself searching around to find that American made Toaster and can't find one at any price!

As a rule Chinese made products are JUNK, plain and simple. Are SOME "ok", yeah, but as a rule they are JUNK.

People buy like they vote, for what gives THEM the most, pure out and out selfishness.

I swear, if they put a bill on the ballot to abolish taxes MANY people would vote for it. Because it would make THEM money, be damned with how the government would collapse and we would be taken over by the first country who stormed our borders. No kidding, I am SURE, I am POSITIVE that MANY people would vote to abolish taxes or anything else that services THEM if given the chance. The voter is VERY selfish, and so is the consumer.

I vote for what is good for society and I buy what is good for MY society. The line has blurred, blurred all to heck. I have a Japanese manufacturer near by who employees 6000 of my neighbors, they are closing. They give my shop $10,000 a month in easy work. Should I be upset?

While so many "American" companies now have their stuff made elsewhere, should I support them, or the overseas company who has always made it there?

Sometimes I don't know what to think myself. But ANYTHING that says "CHINA" on it is my last pick, I don't care what it is.

Just yesterday I was in a bind (or so I thought) and "had" to buy a Chinese brake spring tool. I was doing a brake job for my nephew and being a bodyman and my brother a mechanic I never had to buy these tools (or learn how to use them ) but with him moving away, I found myself without a tool to do the job. It was late Saturday and went to the nearby McParts store (O'Reilly) and bought fluid and a few things, along with this spring tool. It was $4.99 and he was buying and the only option so we bought it. The day was going away and I had to get this thing done.

I went to use it and it twisted in two parts on the first spring! It didn't even get ONE spring off!!!! Hey, but it has a lifetime warrantee!

I got on the phone and found that the "REAL" parts store in town was open, I didn't know they stayed open so late so I went over there and there was a "Lisle" (if I spelled it right) spring tool. It was MADE IN AMERICA and $9.99. It will last for all his life and then some.

I came home and did the job.

I felt so bad even thinking about buying the Chinese junk. But my nephew got a good lesson and he took it to heart.

But I didn't have to tell him that. He had already bought a center link for the car and proudly told me it was made in America. And that they had a Chinese one there with a $30 savings but he bought the Made in America Moog instead.

Good kid.

And before someone says I am a hypocrite for buying the Chinese tool, I am not. I said that I will try, I will do anything I can to not buy Chinese. But sometimes either I have the idea I can't, or I literally can't like with my toaster. I had searched all over town looking for a toaster made in America (or ANYWHERE but China) and couldn't find one. So I own a Chinese toaster. Oh, and by the way, it is about six months old and is now burning my toast on the lowest setting! JUNK I say, friggin JUNK.

Brian

Advertisement

Last edited by MARTINSR; 10-11-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,078 Times in 961 Posts
And by the way, the reason they are making the package look "American" is to DECEIVE, not to "make us feel good" like we know it is Chinese but and we just need to fool ourselves. They are being DECEPTIVE in that NOT EVERYONE WHO BUYS A CHEAP TOOL DOES KNOW THEY ARE CHINESE!

How do we explain "Central Pneumatic" the Chinese Red army store's (Harbor Fright) "name brand". Copying "CP" Chicago Pneumatic the American legendary tool company. DECEPTION!

This is who we are dealing with, deceptive scum.

Brian
Old 10-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
And by the way, the reason they are making the package look "American" is to DECEIVE, not to "make us feel good" like we know it is Chinese but and we just need to fool ourselves. They are being DECEPTIVE in that NOT EVERYONE WHO BUYS A CHEAP TOOL DOES KNOW THEY ARE CHINESE!

How do we explain "Central Pneumatic" the Chinese Red army store's (Harbor Fright) "name brand". Copying "CP" Chicago Pneumatic the American legendary tool company. DECEPTION!

This is who we are dealing with, deceptive scum.

Brian

Great minds think alike. We need to educate others on this, and hopefully, we will save the American economy via saving manufacturing. I may have come around in '85 but I feel that the US economy has been on a downhill slide since we sold out our electronics and steel industries to overseas- long before I was around... sure there was a good bump in the 90s with the internet and computers popping up in homes across America, but where is our manufacturing compared to 40 years ago- and what was American jobs 40 years ago? Gone- to China/Mexico/not here. I feel that high unemployment and these 'jobless recoveries' will continue to be the norm. It was only a matter of time before the 'buy chinese it's cheap and has lifetime gurantee' mentality came up and bit us hard in the arse.

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.