Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Top things to do when buying a used motor to drop in.
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 08:58 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Why haven't you called your local machine shop or tech school to see if they might have a 350 shortblock or longblock sitting in a bag somewhere for a few dollars? I walked in the machine shop to visit my friend who works there and they had a rebuilt 350tbi motor sitting on a skid that the owner had walked away from and never came back. Keith said he'd be glad to get $700 for it if the guy helped him load it in his truck. People seem to think if its not on craigslist or e-bay it doesn't exist.

We have a newspaper here called The Swapsheet. Its a dollar and basically its an analog version of Craigslist; without the hookers. The nice thing about this is you find parts in there, advertised by the oldtimers (or their widows) who aren't computer savvy and they don't fall prey to the e-bay inflation. I got a rear decklid (with hatchback window), both headlights with motors, a door and both front fenders for a 1985 Firebird formula for $75. I sold the window alone for $125 cash. Parts belonged to some guy who left them in his moms basement for 10yrs