Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Top things to do when buying a used motor to drop in.
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:30 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey fellow Texan, have you tried the swap meets? My recent story:

I wanted a Chevy disc brake rear to replace my current Ford drum brake rear (long story). After going to the local swap meet and not finding anything and then checking Craigslist for a few days I found a couple people selling rears for $400 to $450. I ended up buying a '95 TransAm with blown engine. Guy wanted $1000 but I negotiated him down to $500 and I figured I now had the rest of the car for parts (trans, wheels, driveshaft, etc).

Due to circumstances beyond my control 3 weeks had gone by and I still hadn't done the rear exchange. That weekend was the Canton Swap Meet and I found a '85 Firebird disc brake rear for $100 and negotiated it down to $75. I then sold the '95 Transam on Craigslist for $800 so I ended up with what I wanted for free plus I made some extra cash cash because I went to the same swap meet twice.

You have a big swap meet starting tomorrow close to you :

DFW Swap Meet NOVEMBER 16,17,18 NEW LOCATION !!! GRAND PRAIRIE Lonestar Park I-30 & Beltline Road MORE INFO call 254-751-7958

I'm thinking about going and I don't actually need anything but just might find something I didn't know I HAVE to have