topless r/t - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006, 08:57 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

topless r/t

ive just got done cutting the top off of my dakota r/t...im doing a retro ratical top...does anyone have any ideas of how i should seal the open areas of my cab and the top of the winshield...im also would like some input on shaving off my door handles...any input would greatly be apreciated...thanks

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2006, 11:01 PM
official pimp

Wiki Edits: 0

i may not have alot of paint experience but i have shaved just about everything there is to shave on a truck, buy a shaved door kit, 65 pound kit is the best, 45 pound kits wear out kwick, and this is a fact. if you want to keep your inside handles dont pull any of the stuff out of your door. if you dont, then pull it all out.

mount your selenoid to your inner door panel ( i welded the ones on my truck, but i have also used bolts. then just hook a cable from your selenoid to your release lever on the door latch..

run all your wires and be sure to run a hidden outside switch. just encase you loose your keys. you can also drill a hole in the bodom of the door and run a cable from the latch through the boddom, (did it on a camaro, pretty cool). when wiring up all the relays and remote reciever box. make sure to pay very close attention, some times the tech. instructions dont really show black and white.

when you get ready to make your filler. the easyest way is to pull your outside door handle out, and take masking tape and run it around the inside about a 1/8 inch in then tape the middle to hold it together, the pull all of it off and stick it to the peice of metal your going to use, then spray paint over it, pull the tape off. and you have a perfect shaped and sized filler plate... becarefull welding it in cause its extremely easy to warp the door(i found out the hard way) you can also use industriel strength 2 part epoxy. it holds up reall good...

hope this isnt to much to read and hope i could help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.