Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Torque convertor advice
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:12 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Torque convertor advice

Okay, here's what I've got: 5.0 out of a 96 Explorer, Ford Racing E-303 cam and lifters, Trick Flow Specialties valve spring kit, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and Edelbrock 1404 carb. The transmission is a C-4 out of a 77 Thunderbird rebuilt with a shift kit. Rearend is a 9" with 3.50 gears currently (I have a set of 3.70's too). The tire size is 205/60/15 with a height of about 24.5" tall. This combo is in a 62 Falcon which will weigh in the neighborhood of 2400-2500 lbs when done.

PLEASE NOTE: This is and will be a street car, not a race/drag car. Of course I won't mind laying some black strips now and again. So, I don't need some exotic built torque convertor, just an off the shelf convertor that I'll probably buy from Jegs or Summit. With that being said, what would be a good stall speed to look for with this combo? Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. Not trying to be a smart-*** with the exotic convertor thing, but I have gotten some pretty crazy recommendations from other sources and I just need a short and sweet suggestion.