Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - toughest paint
Thread: toughest paint
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 12:13 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

yep I visited other forums

I really enjoy reading about the trialls and tribulations of the painting world. Some forums seem to have a lota regular guys, or atleast guys who have limited cash reserves, and I like most of the feedback I have read, to my and of course the many others I read. I like hearing what a pro would recomend vs what route a novice should take. Just like in my job, there are many nuonses(spelling problem again) to what and how I do things. This is often very different from what I would recomend others to do. The old knowing where the mines are buried thing. Anyway I enjoy learning new things. I have a few projects I plan to paint and then the stuff will all go into storage. Every few years a new hobby must begin. I do wonder about mixing base, primer and clear lines though. Most on here say that is fine, But isnt the point of letting the primer tack then seal till tacked then base, tack then more base.... so that some chemical bonding will occure instead of just a physical attraction. This is a neat forum. lots of interesting input and opinions. Still not sure about the etch primer vs epoxy. I have little doubt that epoxy is harder and seals out moisture but I which provieds better adhesion and rust prevention after the top coat is applied? sorry so wordy.