Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - toyota truck rear axle
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:44 PM

Last journal entry: studebaker m5
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Now im drooling!! uughh i have not kept up with the current or latest trends in the muscle car,street rod etc world..i do love the old cars and trucks,But i could never seem to have enough money for the 'family car' and a toy too.So any of my vehicles i usually built,it was cheaper than a payment,it was cool and i had spares for everything..but i never strayed from the basics.I kept running 302,289,351w all with the C4 or C6, a truck 4spd etc..and i never went 'modern' the most modern i ever got was adding 'Pertronix Ignitor' to my engines..i didnt bother with the later 5.0 fuel injection,AOD etc..the newer stuff jusy seemed a headache and besides i had spares.But now im seriously low on the spares and i really have to begin looking at later drivetrains..2200rpm at 65-70?? andwith the gear ratio i have,Plenty of low end grunt so i can still use the truck for work. WOW! my dad would have loved ro see discs on all 4 corners and an automatic w overdrive...now im really wishng i hadnt turned down good deals on later drivetrains..i could even toy around with 3.55,3.73 or even 3.91 that in a 1970 boss 9in rear axle i been saving for my 65 falcon convertible