Toyota Yaris front bumper fascia - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 09:54 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Toyota Yaris front bumper fascia

Just wanted to see if anyone could give me a quick run-down on what I might have to do to fix a problem on my daily driver. I've been driving the car like this for a year and a half, but it's been on my meaning to deal with list...

The car slid into a guard rail, probably only 2 or 3 MPH at impact, but the front bumper fascia came loose... I think it was probably held on with push pins or something and they are mostly gone. It hasn't fallen off or anything but it maintains a good 1" gap to the hood.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 10:08 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

I am not sure if there were any redesigns on the Yaris models here in the US market, but I found this for the 2007 model: Exterior - Front Bumper (for Sedan). You can also check out the complete manual: 2007 Toyota Yaris Factory Repair Manuals. I found the links to these on the Yaris World forum: Front Bumper Cover Removal. If you are still needing more results or help, try here.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:51 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

Probably has clips on the bottom with a few bolts and fancy push IN clips on top of the support, and two bolts at the corner up into the fender. Worse case scenario you take the bumper off and put it back on. Plenty of times I've seen bumpers that just weren't snapped in. They snap into the fender and usually under the headlights. If the position is correct you can just push it back in with a little force. You can probably do one side at a time so you don't have to take off the bumper. You probably have a few broken tabs but they aren't entirely crucial in most cases. So do that and replace your broken clips. Just take a few broken ones and go to a Toyota dealership's parts area or call (if you have part number). That should do it. If it doesn't snap in you could need a bracket or two.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,278 Times in 1,119 Posts
When I hear "guard rail" I hear internal damage. Then a car with a urethane bumper hits something that doesn't move, like a guard rail there is usually more damage. I don't store exactly how to pull every bumper off in my head but I have to tell you that these bumpers are usually SUPER easy and just using common sense it's pretty hard to screw it up.

Brian
Old 07-14-2011, 03:11 PM

Last photo:

Well, ya see though, this car has two strikes against it with me: It's too new, and it's too foreign. Hence I have mental roadblocks to overcome when it comes to working on it. I really only want to drive the thing, do my maintainance and only work on it otherwise when I have to.

Which also is why I put it in off-topic originally, when I come here to talk body-exterior (which I haven't had occasion to do in faarrr too long) I really only want to do so in relation to cars of a hotrodder or classic genre. But I appreciate that there is that degree of openness that a daily driver can be discussed along side things that are not so mundane.

I'd be inclined to expect internal damage, but to my understanding the regulatory intent of the 5 MPH bumper is that you are supposed to be able to have a 5 MPH impact without any damage, and I know that in this impact my speedometer was in the 2-3 MPH range as the vehicle approached the guard rail. This was while I was living in Indiana, and Indiana apparently loves 2 things: 4-way stop sign intersections and not using salt.

Looking at the diagrams, it seems likely that the pop-in fasteners along the top were sheared, but the screws along the bottom are holding it on.

On a seperate note, this same car also had a rear impact after we came to Michigan. I was stopped at a light, a young gal on the way to a hot date at some club was in a Ford Flex stopped behind me. She started to go before I did. I let her go, but there's a 2" tear in the rear bumper fascia in the middle. I guess I'd worry about that more if I thought we were going to do something other than drive this car until it don't go no more.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,278 Times in 1,119 Posts
As far as I know you don't have a "5 mph bumper", you have a 2.5 MPH bumper! Check out what 5 mph looks like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QecYGdV-xKM&NR=1 that did about $2500 damage!

I'm not at work right now but will try to remember to get you the "Alldata" on removing that bumper if you would like.

Brian
Old 07-14-2011, 10:56 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

5 mph used to be standard in which a car bumper had to withstand damage but now it's 2.5-3 mph. If you did have damage it would be minimal. Probably a broken absorber, which is just a piece of styrofoam that would allow it to have no damage at that speed and maybe your rebar has slight damage. Try snapping it in place under the headlights. Just pull it up so it's close as you can get it and push it in hard. Maybe hit it with your palm. Same for the sides that mate against your fender. Then call toyota and get some replacement clips. They're cheap. You can also go to an auto body supplier and ask them.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:37 AM

Is Toyota Corolla is the Perfect Family Sedan ?

The Corolla is available in every corners of the world. In California, you will find a host of car dealers in Orange County, Irvine, Costa Mesa, Westminster, Newport Beach, Anaheim and others. Even information regarding the car is also available online on various websites related to Toyota. Check the Toyota forums for reviews of the car. Try out ‘Toyotaplace.com’ for detailed information regarding Orange County Toyota dealer or even Irvine Toyota.
Of course buying a brand new car imparts more excitement and thrill, but many people are also interested in buying used cars. The cost depends on popularity, performance, reliability, mileage and more importantly the condition. So you can also buy used Corolla in perfect condition. Often buying the used car is more advantageous than new ones, as you might chance upon a relatively new car at the price of an old one.
Avail new and used cars at [URL=http://www.***************[/URL]

Last edited by dinger; 07-15-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.