Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - TP HVLP Turbine system
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 12:39 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

TP HVLP Turbine system

Hi, I learn so much from all you guy's. I wonder if anyone uses a TP. "Showtime" Turbine paint system. I bought mine about 3 years ago and when it came I tried it out. My first paint work with it came out good, but still I was hooked on my old Devilbiss JGA from the early 80's and my compresor. So the Showtime unit was just stored in the garage for a long time. It got to the point where my wife complained every time I went to the paint store about the $500 ( at that time ) more now I think, that I spent on as she called it that paint thing So I did finally start playing around with the thing and I admit, that I just did my neighbors 94 LeSabre in the most generic cheapest enamel he could find and honestly this thing is GREAT. I wonder now why I haven't been spraying with it. It is HVLP and I have less than half the mist when I paint in my garage and it supplys heated dry air leaving no worrys about condensation in air lines or any of that stuff. I set it outside and it sounds quieter that a shop vac. I know some of you are laughing about these things, but I'd love to invite you to shoot a coat with this thing and then decide. The heated air makes you mostly use slow to medium slow reducers and this gun is very high quality. TP. has alot of cool stuff and you can read about the Showtime paint system on their website www.tptools.com They have a really nice informative site.