Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - TP HVLP Turbine system
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 01:34 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Yep, this thing is really nice, makes me feel bad about not using it for so long. It totally eliminates the worries about air line moisture and I don't really understand the theory with the heated air thing, but it does work! After shooting a coat you can feel how warm the hose is, but even the papers that came with it recommend using slow reducers. I don't have a compressor that will supply any HVLP gun made so after 25 years of using conventional suction feed guns ( I still love my old Devilbiss ) I almost had to learn to spray all over again. I don't know if you spray HVLP but its completely different. The technique and gun distance is the same, but you move alot slower. It is really hard to make yourself spray slow if you learned the old way because you feel like your gonna get runs! But it comes to you after awhile. HVLP is great because the garage is not completely misted in a cloud of paint, I'd say it makes about half the over-spray. It seems like alot less paint consumption too, like what would have needed a gallon can maybe be done with 3 quarts. I think Eastwood makes or did make one of these systems too.