Hot Rod Forum banner

TPI-Tech gauges

8K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dinger 
#1 ·
Greetings!
I am still debating which gauges to install in my 69 El Camino. There are a few options: one to go with the digital ones (nordskog, for ex.), the other is to stay with the classical look.

Has anyone had any experience with TPI-Tech gauges? I found some for a good price and am wondering quality wise if they are worth the investment.

Also, the fuel sender which comes with the kit, has a 240-33 Ohm setting. Are there different resistors for GM fuel tanks to replace the Elky 0-90 Ohm one?

Thanks,
Denis
'67 Camaro RS
'69 El Camino - project in progress

#2 ·
TPI-Tech Gauges

Denis, I have a set of the white gauges and love the look. BUT, I have spent a month and a half trying to get the speedometer programmed. Still not there. All other gauges work fine.

I have never had a problem getting through to Rick in tech support and he has given me a lot of different things to try, just none have worked. It is probable something that I have done wrong in the wiring, but can't find out what that may be.

Joe

#3 ·
Hi Joe,

I appreciate your response. Unfortunately it was back in 2004 and a lot of things happened since then :) I sold my El Camino to focus more on my 67 Camaro project. I ended up getting Autometer gauges - the fuel gauge Ohm settings matched perfectly my 67 fuel tank. I have had Autometers for over 6 years now and every gauge works.

Regards!
Denis

#4 ·
i have the electric gauges in my coupe, the "quads", I believe they call them, 2-4in gauges. I like them a lot, but I am having issues with the temp gauge, I bought a new sending unit, factory, still a no go, I may have to order a sending unit from TPI. If there is an alternative, let me know please.

I used a GPS to set the speedo, works great! The tech department is one of the finest I have dealt with, if no one knows the answer to my dilemma I will call them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.