View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Listen and Learn

Last wiki edit: DIY junkyard electrical fan controller
Last journal entry: SBC 305 Twin Turbo
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

TPI with Turbo

I have a stock TPI setup from a 305 out of a 86 camaro. I have been wanting to do a turbo build for a couple years now but I want to run fuel injection. What do you guys think about the GM TPI intake used under boost.

The engine will be a hyd roller 350ci sbc vortec block. Alum heads maybe 180cc 2.02 by 1.6. I have a forged crank from a vortec block. I also have a set of scat i-beam rods, just need pistons. I will send the cam from the vortec block to my cam guy to see if he can regrind it for a turbo build. Anyone use this intake with turbos and have success? The engine will have a 6000rpm redline. Im hoping for 400-450hp on 8psi and a track tune that will have around 12-15 psi hopefully around 525hp. Im also gonna be running megasquirt III. Will be fully sequential and will also have coil on plug conversion. I have been debating buying some h-beams and bumping up my power goals by 75-100hp. Just want to get the induction figured out before I start putting the short block together. Thanks in advance everyone!!!!