TQ vs HP in its own thread! - Page 11 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2010, 09:21 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacPhil
My understanding of electric motors (which is relatively basic) is that power consumption remains constant, such that torque decreases as rpm's increase. Once the motor reaches a speed where torque is barely enough to overcome internal friction the motor will stop accelerating and remain at a constant speed.

Again, I'm no expert on electronics so maybe they used a constant-torque motor.

Again, some motors are built like that... And with the controls and contruction they have today anything between can and is built, according to the application.

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 10:17 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10 Racer
And I'm not sure about the physics in 5th grade either but things have changed since my school days. Most students today can't do simple math problems without a calculator. If I got caught with a calculator in school, it was principals office I went and you were accused of cheating.
Funny you should say that "Most students today can't do simple math problems without a calculator.". I was picking up some clothes at the dry cleaners a few weeks ago when the power went off. The owners teenage daughter was was running the cash register and proved to be unable to make change by counting it out. The owner of the shop stopped what he was doing to come over and made change the old fashion way, and he being Vietnamese isn't even native to it. Makes you wonder what the schools are doing?

Then again she can probably text at the speed of light where I can hardly type, I took auto-shop at that age not typing so I often jokingly say that "I have a computer I can't type on and a computerized car I can't work on".

Bogie
Old 05-17-2010, 10:23 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbogie
Funny you should say that "Most students today can't do simple math problems without a calculator.". I was picking up some clothes at the dry cleaners a few weeks ago when the power went off. The owners teenage daughter was was running the cash register and proved to be unable to make change by counting it out. The owner of the shop stopped what he was doing to come over and made change the old fashion way, and he being Vietnamese isn't even native to it. Makes you wonder what the schools are doing?

Then again she can probably text at the speed of light where I can hardly type, I took auto-shop at that age not typing so I often jokingly say that "I have a computer I can't type on and a computerized car I can't work on".

Bogie

That's the truth about technology. COmpared to most of this board I'm a young'un but it amazes me when I see kids texting with their thumbs on fire that are half my age. And the cell phones- seems that I am the only one who can function without theres. I'll forget mine at home and not realize it until a couple of days later. No big deal. My fiance leaves hers in the car while she runs into the store and the world s going to end- part of that is women being dramatic but the other part is that a lot of society relies on electricity to exist.

Even my parents thought I was nuts when they found out I camp in primitive sites with a tent... "How can you live like that?" said the woman who grew up with an out house...
Old 05-17-2010, 10:51 AM

Last photo:

Not Smart Enough

Well, AP you have made it painfully obvious that I'm not educated enough to participate in your thread. When your posts sounding like gibber to me, thats when I know that your intelligence is just over my head.

I'll continue to read the posts and perhaps learn something.

By the way, did you ever get your go cart engine running? Bet if you check in your physics books for info, you'll get that little one banger running.
If that doesn't work, trying smacking it a few times with your slide rule.
If all this fails, try talking some of that gibber to it and pencil whip it awhile, you might intimidate it into starting.

small engine question

I gotta go to work for awhile, have a troubleshooting job to tend to.

P.S. - If you use your spell checker, it'll help folks read your posts and make you seem alot smarter to them as well. olnolan
Old 05-17-2010, 10:58 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLNOLAN
Well, AP you have made it painfully obvious that I'm not educated enough to participate in your thread. When your posts sounding like gibber to me, thats when I know that your intelligence is just over my head.

By the way, did you ever get your go cart engine running? Bet if you check in your physics books for info, you'll get that little one banger running.
If all this fails, try talking some of that gibber to it and pencil whip it awhile, you might intimidate it into starting.

small engine question

P.S. - If you use your spell checker, it'll help folks read your posts and make you seem a lot smarter to them as well. olnolan

I got it running a long time ago, still have a new cam and valve springs on the shelf to put in it, but I did get the new exhaust pipe on it and rejetted the carb- its already way to fast for safety.

Most of the time I do spell check posts, but not always, depends on where I am writing the post from. I have Firefox at my office computer so its easy on there, its a PITA to do it on an Android.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:29 PM

Me neither

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLNOLAN

small engine question

P.S. - If you use your spell checker, it'll help folks read your posts and make you seem alot smarter to them as well. olnolan

LOL!!! I knew it! Us idiots with high school diploma's and years of practical hands on expierience must be wrong!!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:36 PM

Last journal entry: Rear diff break in
Last photo:

Come on guys. Can't we all just get along?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Violence.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	45695  
Old 05-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Well it comes the time to put a big 'ole padlock on this thread. Really no reason to keep it open. I did a little bit of looking around the web on other forums about this subject and not a one ends in any sort of agreement. So everyones just gonna have to agree to disagree.

If anyone has a good reason to re-open it other than the need to prove a point we'll consider it but otherwise it's a done deal.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.