Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Track 1 heads race only. Why?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 11:37 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Keith

Not to change the subject of this thread, but you've got me curious. Can you give me and some sort of an example of what kind of numbers you where getting in difference to AFR's numbers when you flowed them. I've only had a few sets across the bench, but they where all cnc'd or someone had been in there doing some work. But must say the cnc'd ones where really close, usually within 4cfm at every lift point.

I hear what your saying, I dont know how many times I've flowed a head and checked it against their advertised numbers and thought "false advertising". I was a little impressed with the Pro1 180's myself. I recently did a little cleanup work on a set of Canfield's that I was impressed with out of the box, but have found that usually you can take everything they adv. up to about .400 and sometimes .500 and throw it out the window.

Another head that impresses me for what it is, is Dart's SS head. I had to check my set up twice because I couldnt believe a head designed to be a stock replacement would be that good. I bet alot of the dirt track guys would love to get these okay'd for there rules and get away from the World SR's.

Jay