Hot Rod Forum banner

trailer awnings

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Camarofiend73 
#1 ·
Hi all, I just finished trimming out the inside of my new 32 foot enclosed car hualer trailer, and want to add an awning. Searching on the net and local RV stores has left me dazed and confused.

What works, lasts a long time, and doesn't require 3 rounds with George Forman to set up and stow? I've got 23 feet from the rear of the trailer to the side door, but would like to have full length coverage, about 10 feet wide. ( the dragster is 22 feet long)

I had a roll out awning on my last motorhome, and whacked my head several times on the angled end bars, not fun when thrashing between rounds, can the support bars be vertical?

What material will live longest in south Florida? Vinyl?
Weight is not a major concern, but stability in gusty winds is, our summer thunder storms can get pretty violent here in the south east.
thanks in advance for the help, Paul

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
My trailer is 30 feet and I went to the local rv place here and got a 20 foot rollup with a cover up for when not in use to protect it when going down the road. the legs can be vertical or angled. It takes about 5 min for one person to set up.

Troy

69 ss rs full custom camaro 98 ISCA grandchampion
69 ss rs bb camaro wifes driver
66 Elcamino 350/all dz parts,ac,windows,loaded,my driver
69 ss chevelle bb conv.fresh frame off
26 T sedan street rod

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.