Tranny has a grimlin - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2014, 10:13 PM
Z 55 Camaro

Location: Guernsey Sk Canada the greatest country in the world
Wiki Edits: 0

I have had the codes erased after each time i have worked on the truck with a tech 2 scanner .I've erased them twice and as soon as i fire the engine the check engine light comes on and its showing torque convertor solenoid ,1to2 shift solenoid,and 2to 3 shift solenoid not working and its gone into default as you described . Ok thank you ever so much for all the info. Just a thought could one of the solenoids be faulty and in turn for the lack of a better word cause the other solenoids to register as not working ? Maybe a day or to to get at it cause re bar and cement is coming

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 10:55 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris update 9-28-2014
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

if you have 5.56 volts at the transmission connector for pink wire, that will not function correctly. That needs attention. It must have full system voltage 12.6+ at the solenoids
Old 07-24-2014, 06:24 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

it's a common issue.. the pink wire, check it.. it's fed from the ign switch..
was told by a g.m. tech this when dads was doing this..
Old 07-24-2014, 08:54 AM

It would also be very odd to have 3 different solenoids fail simultaneously. Not likely the case. The only way I could see 3 solenoids having an issue at the same time is if the internal wiring harness is bad. More likely you have a power supply problem. Test the power wire as described above.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:35 PM
Z 55 Camaro

hats my thought exactly i will get on that to day and get back to you , The basement supplies are coming so may take a day or so. As the young apprentices say you guys rock
Old 07-24-2014, 11:20 PM
Z 55 Camaro

Just finished one hell of a wind/ thunderstorm ,the wife and i were out moving cars from under the trees around the driveway . I jumped in the tahoe (same one with the gremlin) and the tranny, gauges worked perfect go figure so now i know its 200% electrical and thats great , have a good sleep and beware the hail.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:07 PM
Z 55 Camaro

OK more little tidbits I was asked by tranny guy from the city if the little red light on the shifter went out ,yes said i it does once in awhile then stay on each time you start the tahoe or you can turn it off and the next time it will stay off but sometimes it'll stay on when you manually go through all gears or it picks a gear and goes out .Now he figues the selector module on tranny is on the way out . So just to throw another kick into the equation i squired some wd-40 into the ignition switch and the selector light stayed on , the gauges worked and then after 2to 3 starts it acts the same . Main harness tests same voltage as battery so current is getting there ok . Where i got the 5.56 reading was on the drivers side of the tranny on the gear shift selector module . I sorry for the screw up before mis information is a bad thing .Thanks to all who have taken the time to get me info , those wiring diagrams were priceless . Well back to chasing wiring . Later bake
Old 07-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Z 55 Camaro

Damn it forgot to mention that we used the tech 2 scan tool and tested the shift solenoids and they all worked,along with the converter lockup .I lay on the ground while my nephew ran the scanner and i could hear each one click .FYI boy you guys are going to be sick of me by the time this is finished .Later bake
Old 09-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Z 55 Camaro

Well between catching the plague and doing house renos finally got the electronic gear select on the tranny and took it out for 5or6 mile run and it worked perfect ,i will take it out for a longer run tonight and hopefully it will keep playing nice . Ican't remember the name of the piece i replaced but it bolts on to the outside of tranny and has 2 wiring outlets on it . Once again many thanks to all the members for there help and advice . Later Bake
Old 09-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Z 55 Camaro

Hopefully this is the final post on this tranny thing . As previously stated the tranny worked great for 2 days and then it started acting up again so to hell with it and off to the garage . The mech traced the harness all the way back to the ignition switch assembly and the wiring harness there was poached so in went a new one and the tahoe runs like a dream so once again thanks to all that offered help and have a great fall and hope you didn't get snow like calgary did a couple days ago .Later Bake

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.