Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tranny update/Torque converter question
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 09:29 PM
Big Block Bossa Nova

Wiki Edits: 0

Tranny update/Torque converter question

As some of you may remember I posted a problem on this forum about a week ago where my Transmission seemed to be "sliding" into gear, even though It had all racing internals inside. Well I had the tranny pulled out and brought back to the guy who built it because it was under warranty and he would go through everything again for free. Well I got the tranny back today and he said there was absolutely nothing wrong with the tranny. He said everything was done right, all the clutches were like new (which they are), sprags fine and all the internals were new, checked, and rechecked, and everything is done right. I know he went through the tranny again because i could see all brand new gaskets/etc. on the tranny. He seems to think there is something wrong with the torque converter. How would I go about checking to see if the torque converter is any good without actually using it in the car? Is there a way? I stalled it up a few times while the car was driveable and it seemed to stall up fine. Im pretty much running outta ideas to get this tranny to run right. Any info you guys can share would be greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks, Rob