trans am project - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2011, 08:13 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

trans am project

Hi there I have a 75 trans am and im putting a Cadillac 500 in it engine will be 14:1 compression bore .100 over making it a 572 aluminum heads solid roller rockers unsure on tranny, rearend mainly for drag and car shows the company im getting parts from calculated my build to weight of car and came up with around 1000whp now im wondering. If I should do tubs or no tubs I can run 11 inch wide stock and/or run a 4 link also im having a 12 point installed very soon for safety and frame support please send ur advice thanks. Brian

Id post a photo but im on my phone currently

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2011, 09:23 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Even if you could bore it 1/10", the displacement would "only" be 524 cid. With a bore of 4.360" (0.060" over) and a 4.8"(!!!) stroke, you'd be at 573.32 cid.

There are roller rockers, and there are solid roller lifters, but no solid roller rockers.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Cruzin w/Elvis in Bigfoots UFO

Last photo:

A 500 Cadillac sounds like a good start, but 0.100" overbore?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Ohio Firebird Member

Last journal entry: 77 TransAm W72
Last photo:

would love to see some pics of the 75 ta. do you still have the 400cid from it?
Old 10-24-2011, 10:09 PM

Sorry about that im still learning the caddys and no I don't have the original 400 I bought the car rolling chassis it wont let me upload photos from my phone if u get txt I could send pics but send me a private message and ill give u my number its a dark blue original color has shaker hood and very minimum rust the car has exactly 6602 miles on body and no they assent rolled over I have title that matches miles I wanted to build a muscle car and I picked this one up for $500 had to drive 2 hours for it but its well worth it it also has all the windows in it with the chrome molding still in tact and dash looks brand new it had black leather seats that are in decent shape someone is suppose to trade me stuff for them but they keep putting it off so ill give it a few more weeks then list to sell them I guess but trying too get a idea on what suspension I should run with this bb im putting about $10,000 in the motor and trying to build up the car as strong as I can so I don't have any problems in the long run
Old 10-24-2011, 10:14 PM

O and I was told I can bore up to 140 but they start getting thin Cadillacs are very meaty engines once I pull the heads off ill try to get a photo on here I got a complete caddy 500 for $500 im working on tearing it down it had 72,000 miles on it but it sat for awhile story was they pulled the engine and made the car a derby car so I got lucky
Old 10-24-2011, 10:14 PM
B.A.M.F

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ngledOut
Sorry about that im still learning the caddys and no I don't have the original 400 I bought the car rolling chassis it wont let me upload photos from my phone if u get txt I could send pics but send me a private message and ill give u my number its a dark blue original color has shaker hood and very minimum rust the car has exactly 6602 miles on body and no they assent rolled over I have title that matches miles I wanted to build a muscle car and I picked this one up for $500 had to drive 2 hours for it but its well worth it it also has all the windows in it with the chrome molding still in tact and dash looks brand new it had black leather seats that are in decent shape someone is suppose to trade me stuff for them but they keep putting it off so ill give it a few more weeks then list to sell them I guess but trying too get a idea on what suspension I should run with this bb im putting about $10,000 in the motor and trying to build up the car as strong as I can so I don't have any problems in the long run

dam good find dont tear her up to badly unless she was a mess to begin with pontiac is out of business these cars are going up in value as they get hacked to pieces and scrapped. im in the process of removing all the paint from my 81 as we speak
Old 10-24-2011, 10:21 PM

The car will need repainted its faded pretty badly
Old 10-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Ohio Firebird Member

Last journal entry: 77 TransAm W72
Last photo:

keep me in mind on all the interior when you sell it...
sad to see a low mile t/a get mod'ed, but it your car.

the HOT CHICKS suspension work really good for them. and with all that HP frame conectors will be needed.

or the Heidts sub frame and the rear bolt in 4 link. add some miny tubs in the rear

make me a good deal on the interior (no seats) just the dash, door panels , console (if any good) side kick panels , rear upperand lower side panels. rear console (if it has one) seatbelts.

I'll PM yah my cell to send pics.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.