Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - trans. angle /pinion angle adjustments ?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 05:03 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by rf9763
hello all, i under stand how to adjust pinion angle. i have a 4 link rear back halved ford 9 in setup.my question is ,my trans at the end of tail housing is 5 degrees down .do i set pinion angle at 5 degrees up for center to center and then lower pinion down 2-3 degrees? is that to much down on trans to make this work?i have driven car 50 60 mph and got small vibration from rear of car with this set up. this is my first 4 link and not sure about the trans angle. not much i can do to raise trans cause this is a vega. NO ROOM. lol. any advise or input would be great. thanks for your time and help.also motor plate in front and poly trans mount.
The idea is to have a 0 angle with the vehicle under power and the exact amount of drivetrain deflection will be different for every vehicle. That said, if you end up with -2 degrees static pinion angle, you should be OK due to the tendancy for the pinion to 'climb' the ring gear under acceleration.