Hot Rod Forum banner

transbrake

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  middspecauto 
#1 ·
i was lookin a magazine at a transbrake if u dont know what it is it locks up first gear and reverse which brings your stall converter directly up to stall speed and u let go and u launch off a little faster than usual, its like holding the brake but if u have good traction u wont spin the tires puttin it to the floor
i think this is cool as hell to put in and try it but i want to know other peoples opinions about them that might have used them before
please give me some feeback on them before stupid me puts it on and blows my tranny

#5 ·
I WAS JUST REALLY IN TERESTED IN GETTIN SOME JUNK TRANNY FROM THE JUNK YARD PUTTING THE TRANSBRAKE ON IT AND SEEIN WHAT IT COULD REALLY DO I UNDERSTAND ITS HARD ON UR TRANNY AND IT TAKES AWAY FROM THE LIFE OF IT DRAMATICALLY BUT I HEAR THAT IT TAKES LIKE A TENTH OF OF YOUR QUARTER MILE AND PLENTY OFF YOUR SIXTY FOOT TIMES I JUST WANNA CRUISE AROUND TOWN AND HAVE FUN WITH THE LITTLE CROTCHROCKET CARS REALLY HEHE I REALLY HATE THEM THINGS...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.