Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - transfer slot setup
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

t-slot setup

Hello,

I still don't get what you mean "torque converter is too tight", you mean 1500 vs 3500?

t-slot on primary was setup at 0.020 and left there, idling was adjusted on secondaries only so would it be on the transiotion circuit? I did confirm that fuel starts dribbling down the primaries at 1950 rpm so that should be the transfer from the idle to main fuel circuits is and is way above where I'm working.

Also, I have been keeping a careful eye on the timing the whole time I'm doing this. It is set at initial 18 degrees and the springs installed (2 mediums) cause timing to come in at 1300 (vacuum is disconnected and plugged). As noted above, I did see the mechanical come in when the secondaries were too open but when I get it down to 1050 idle it runs at 18 degrees idle so, in my mind fine.

I have not checked the timing out of gear vs in gear; will do that tomorow.
Cam specs are: Comp Cams 450 lift, 224 duration, 206 lobe centre

Painted Jester, that is one of the articles I have followed when building my own procedure. I have not yet gone as far as modifying the PCVR's, jets, PCV's, etc as I want to work through where I'm at first (once I drill there is no going back). Next step is the air/fuel mixture but first I need a stable idle based on idle transfer slots. Based on what I've been reading I should be ok but, like Cobalt327 says, there may be other factors involved I will need to study up on.

Thanks and keep the information coming!
Gary