TransGo 700 Performance Shift Kit Problem - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Time is short, are you ready?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

TransGo 700 Performance Shift Kit Problem

I am posting this only for information. I performed many searches using this forum, Google, etc. and could not find a solution to my problem. Hopefully I will include key words that will be recognized by someone searching this same problem on Google or similar search engine.

I installed a TransGo shift kit in my non-lockup 700R4 (FYI - same kit for lock-up or non-lock-up). I followed the instructions and video exactly. I checked and double checked each step along the way. I put in a new filter, put the pan back on, filled it with some fresh fluid, started the car, topped it off and put the trans into reverse. The result of all my hard work - NOTHING! The car would not move in reverse and barely moved in any forward gear.

I called Transgo and received a very agitated technical guy. His attitude really pissed me off, but he suggested that the TV boost valve snap ring was not fully seated and the assembly fell out. I drained and dropped the pan to find the snap ring and other TV boost valve pieces lying at the bottom of the pan. I reinstalled the assembly and snap ring for a second time. This time, it was a little better, but something was still wrong. I hooked up a high pressure gauge and discovered my pressure across the board was about 50 psi. I drained and dropped the pan again. This time the snap ring was dropped, but the assembly did not fall out. I invested in a set of long reach snap ring pliers and tried it for a third time. This time I employed the help of my oldest daughter for a third arm helps when reinstalling the TV boost valve assembly and snap ring while the trans is in the car. It is installed vertically, and gravity is not your friend when trying to hold up the TV boost valve assembly which is under spring pressure and install the snap ring up inside a tight diameter opening.

Anyway, third time was a charm - so far so good We should all learn from other mistakes and mishaps. After all, isn't that the purpose of an awesome message board such as Hotrodders? Ed. www.edgesz28.com

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2004, 12:47 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

HEY EDGE: Great post!! I would hate to admit in public all the parts that I have put in wrong, upside down, backwords, wrong side of the car. The best solution is keep trying until you get it right without throwing tools or taking The Name of The Lord in vain....................... ....DAVE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.