Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - TransGo Shift Kit vs. Reprogramming Kit
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 04:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

[QUOTE=kleen56]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeshoe
Beagle,
B&M doesn't make a "shift kit".

Jakeshoe. just for your information, B&M does make a kit, but they call it "shift improver kit" If you look at the kit, it is very similar to Transgo shift kit/ reprogrammer kit. I've installed the B&M kits before and they work well.
http://www.jegs.com/p/B&M/747997/10002/-1
I'm very well aware of the fact that B&M makes a "kit" but I also know that they can't use the term "Shift Kit" because that is trademarked by TransGo.

I've rebuilt MANY of the transmissions that have came in with the B&M kit in them and broken parts, so I tend to disagree on their "effectiveness". Yes they make the trans shift harder but with serious consequences.'

The point is,
there IS a technical difference between a "Shift Kit" and a "Reprogramming Kit" and the original poster was asking specifically about the TransGo products, which I also have extensive expience with. Before you try to "correct" someone, you might want to read a bit deeper, their level of experience may be more than you assume.