Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - TransGo Shift Kit vs. Reprogramming Kit
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 06:34 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest here on who has more experience here even though I have several years on you. The reason we are here is to give people advise or suggestions with their automotive needs or questions. Sometimes its wrong advice, worthless advice, good advice. We all try to help here with our expertise or knowledge on a subject. You made the statement, "B&M does not make a shift kit" I merely provided information that they do make a shift improver kit, similar to a "shift kit" I'm well aware that Transgo has the rights to "shift kit" name, I'm also aware that the kits are not the same, but your statement states that B&M does not make any type of kit. My intention was merely to correct that and provided proof that they do make something similar. As I mentioned in a previous post, I prefer having a transmission without any shift kit,as do the several people I race with and attend car shows with. If the transmission is put together correctly, or by someone who knows what they are doing, that transmission will run just fine under any condition of driving. Perhaps you should talk to people who build racing transmission and ask them their opinion on "shift kits"? I would recommend the "shift kit" if your transmission is old, fails to shift well and Transgo is a reputable name to go with. B&M is also reputable name and gives one choices. It will bring some life back to the transmission or at least until it needs to be gone through. If you read further, you'd notice another poster mentions Gil's shift kits, neither Transgo or B&M and the original poster stated, "things are much clearer now!, Thanks" I for one appreciated your input!

Last edited by kleen56; 09-01-2008 at 06:41 PM.