Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

transmission leak:

961 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  carsavvycook 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

i've got a problem with my th350,its just started leaking oil,at first i thought it was the cooler pipes which i've replaced but it still leaks.
It only does it under heavy load not at idle or when up on stands with the wheels clear of the grounds allowing me to get in and start/drive it as i would normally do but it does seem to be coming down the filler neck and dripping on the starter,i cant see any obvious holes so is the pressure building up and blowing the fluid out of the filler neck??,if so why has this suddenly started happening??,someone said it could be the breather blocked??,if so where is the breather located??,sorry for so many questions but hoping someone can help me??,

Many thanks,

Paulie.

#6 ·
The vent they are pointing out, most times will have a hose hooked to it that bolts to a upper bell housing bolt. If the transmission is over filled, when the fluid heats up it will expand, and push out of that vent.

If it leaks out on to your garage floor over night, the dip stick "hat" seal(where it goes into the transmission) is bad. The torque converter will drain back down into the pan, and drip out of that seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.