Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Transplanting a 85 Corvette 350/700R4
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

First thing you want to do is aquire a wiring diagram for the powertrain .
Thats a must.
Also get a diagram of the electrical component locations. You need it to find all the modules that you will be running.Should only be 2 or 3 but non
theless you need to ID the ones in play. Should be PCM, VATS Mod and maybe BCM...or not.
Get both of those in Print, maybe laminate them so you keep them clean and you will have them for future reference.Or download a full set to a file on your shop PC.
Next...study the connectors and how they come apart without destroying them. They are all pretty simple once you take a few minutes to understand how they work.Keep the tabs intact and keep the locks also.
Also learn how the fuel system lines are put together and do not cut
anything there as you will want to use some or most of that.
There is plastic fuel line available also to fab up lines to the truck and when you get to that point I have some pointers I can give you in that dept as well.

So dissasemble ,with care as you may or may not need anything from the vette.
You will also notice the fuel pump comes out of the tank pretty easy, and you may want to get started scoping out how you are going to run a in tank pump in the old 65.
Neet project!
I will be around. Please post any questions on the board, no PMs please, as any info posted will help other guys in the future, with a PM it only helps one.
If needed , PM me to get my attention to a specific post. No problem
LA Tech