Transportantion Shipping Woes Needed Input - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 08:24 AM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Angry Transportantion Shipping Woes Needed Input

Howdy Y'all!!!

Ok I will get right to it.

A VERY Good Freind of mine recently Bought a 61 Pontiac Tempest
>Car was purchased online & shipped From Ny to Florida .
The car has been painted once & came from a loving home.
Otherwise all original.

Now heres the problem the %@$#& idiot transport driver had every window down on every car on the bottom row of the trailer!

My Freind said he was able to get in from the passenger side to unload the car so there is no reason for the the windows to be down the whole damn trip nor for all of them to be down ,it has really done a number on the unmolested interior & the transport companty is starting the insurance process.

It went thru heavy rain & was full of road grime troughout.

In My Humble Opinion unless they have a time machine the damage is never going to be fixed 100% ever.

I am looking for reputable restoration /Detailing shops in South Florida. on the Treasure Coast ,Port Saint Lucie ,that would be able to give Valid excellent service & Estimate, for I am new to this area the one place I knew of in Stuart , Florida .just closed its doors !!

What to do What to do?

Any & all help as always is Greatly appreiciated & I look forward to your replies.

SlowRide66
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ANDROID 7-10-2012 064.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	66823  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ANDROID 7-10-2012 602.jpg (99.3 KB, 36 views)

Advertisement

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Of course it's fast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Wow that is absolute bull..... crap. I'd make them pay to have the whole darn thing redone. YOU DONT TOW A CAR WITH THE WINDOWS DOWN! What was the guy thinking!? Do whatever it takes to get it fixed with ZERO money out of yours or your friend's pocket.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

Call the company and get a supervisor on the line. Tell him you are going to post a nasty and negative review of his company and that you are going to put in on the web where a few hundred thousand of your closest hot rod friends will see it.
Insurance wont cover stupid, but the company doing the hiring should be liable.
post your reviews here:

Transport Reviews.com - Ratings and Reviews of Auto Transport Companies - Your Source For Finding a Quality Auto Transporter!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Hot Rod Has Been

Last photo:

Most likely the truck driver was an independent just hauling for a broker... you'll have to make a claim against HIS insurance carrier... I'd bet the broker does not have coverage for this claim.

Now if the company you contracted to owned the truck then they should have cargo insurance.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:57 PM

I had a horrible experience recently with a car hauler delivered my 67 camaro damaged. I lost it! I called up my insurance company and they paid me for the damages and said they would fight to get my deductible back from the trucking company I know that will never happen. The car came to me with the front wheel collapsed into the wheel well, the front upper control arm bolt broke and collapsed it into the header destroying it. The rear spoiler was scratched and the car was full of water spots, mind you this was an enclosed trailer. I used a broker and when the truck came it was a pos so I should have never put my car on the trailer to begin with. The damages were about 2k I got 1500 from my insurance company and did all the work myself. Well I had to bring it in for an alignment and I paid someone to weld a new piece on the header. It is not just the damage to the vehicle it is the attitude of the company and driver. To them it is just a piece of metal to us it is a family member. I hope you have luck, like I said try your insurance company that is what it is there for.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:21 AM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

thanks for the imput

Its a slow process but we will win this battle you can't just abuse a 50 year old car on my watch & walk away clean.

SR66

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 09-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last journal entry: First week of December
Last photo:

Hey Rob!!
Just wondering how you have been doing lately.
Seems like forever since I have seen a post of yours.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,327 Times in 1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LATECH View Post
Insurance wont cover stupid,
You wouldn't think so but I see it all the time. How about locking a large dog in your car until he SHREDS the door panels on a couple of doors, SHREDS the seat, in included him going all the back to the rear window and eating the wire going to the rear window for the defroster off! I have photos at work, I don't mean tears it up, I mean SHREDS the seat and door panel into THOUSANDS of pieces shredding the foam and filling the car with little pieces. On the claim it was worded something like "Dog had mental issue" or something stupid like that, yeah he had a mental issue, being LOCKED IN A CAR I would too! This damage took quite some time to do, it wasn't like the owner was in the car or something.

The insurance company paid THOUSANDS of dollars.

You want another, how about a ******bag putting a Weber BBQ in the back of his Lexus RX350 full of HOT CHARCOAL and DRIVING IT! Yep, the BBQ fell over and did about $2K damage to the interior, YEP the insurance paid for it!

I don't get it, they cry an moan for every dollar we ask them for to fix a car properly yet the do crap like this!

Brian
Old 09-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,327 Times in 1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Keller View Post
Howdy Y'all!!!

Ok I will get right to it.

A VERY Good Freind of mine recently Bought a 61 Pontiac Tempest
>Car was purchased online & shipped From Ny to Florida .
The car has been painted once & came from a loving home.
Otherwise all original.

Now heres the problem the %@$#& idiot transport driver had every window down on every car on the bottom row of the trailer!

My Freind said he was able to get in from the passenger side to unload the car so there is no reason for the the windows to be down the whole damn trip nor for all of them to be down ,it has really done a number on the unmolested interior & the transport companty is starting the insurance process.

It went thru heavy rain & was full of road grime troughout.

In My Humble Opinion unless they have a time machine the damage is never going to be fixed 100% ever.

I am looking for reputable restoration /Detailing shops in South Florida. on the Treasure Coast ,Port Saint Lucie ,that would be able to give Valid excellent service & Estimate, for I am new to this area the one place I knew of in Stuart , Florida .just closed its doors !!

What to do What to do?

Any & all help as always is Greatly appreiciated & I look forward to your replies.

SlowRide66
Welcome back Rob, that is so disgusting it isn't funny. I have heard of a few of these lately and you can get some money out of these fools but it will take a bunch of work. Sad part is, no amount of money brings back originality.

Brian
Old 09-08-2012, 10:53 AM
boatbob2

Shipping companies...........

99 out of 100 SUX,when i tried to have a car shipped fron NC to north Florida,estimates were all over the board,from $800 to $1600,with no time of arrival here,i went and got it myself with a tow dolly,total cost was $210.00 plus 1 1/2 days time.......
Old 09-08-2012, 11:08 AM

I went to move but this time figured I would rent a trailer, well guess what . They will not rent a trailer for a 1967 Camaro.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:13 AM

Last photo:

That is completely absurd im sorry to hear that, i was having a conversation about this the other day people now a days dont take pride in what they do any more. I tried some hotshot hauling cars for a small amount of time and i had to stop because i got **** grom brokers because i take to long strapping down and they had a problem with checking my straps and doing things by the book. So i sold the truck and trailer and here i am now

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.