Hot Rod Forum banner

TReed Camaro

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  baddbob 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to purchase a 1989 Chevrolet Camaro that ran into a tree. The owner hit the tree at about 25 mph. HE hit the tree right dead center of the bumper. The damage is minimal but it will need a new hood and everything forward of the radiator support. If anyone has any tips or helpful advice about repairing it it would be very helpful. Also if anyone knows of anywhere I could get salvage or new parts for it I would appreciate that advice also. Thanks Bryant.

#3 ·
Sometimes you're better off financially by buying a complete parts car or a used front clip. The aftermarket also has a lot of hoods to pick from. Possibly a radiator support as well.

If the front bumper impact bar is bent inward it will usually move the front rails around, in or out depending on the severity of the hit and the shape of the bar. A simple width measurement from rail to rail will determine if they moved in or out. Look it over really good to make sure you have a complete parts list and start hunting. Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.