Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tricks for opening a frozen hood on '41 Chevy?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 07:08 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by killeratrod View Post
case of beer to one of your friends = trailer or tow truck to bring her up the hill.
Unfortunately tow trucks , flatbeds etc cant even get them quite into where they need to be ( ive got a 32ft enclosed hauler, but I can only load and unload to the road with the truck still hooked, not enough room to manuver it otherwise ). Before I retired, I ran a shop out of there for years and everytime a car came in on a hook, they'd have to drop them on the road uphill, jump in the drivers seat and roll them down to the lift area gravity style. Works great when you have brakes :-) Ive got a nice big tractor and a truck with a winch to push and pull, I just get uncomfortable on that hill when theres one with no brakes ( having had one little incident that landed a rather large trailer in the ditch, thank goodness, I've got a whopper of a low range on my truck and was able to yank 10k out ) and we used to be out in the middle of nowhere, but urban sprawl has turned our used to be dirt road into a friggen racetrack making these kinds of manuvers a lot more dangerous than they used to .

it'll have to be a pull straight up and lower into position with the tractor following for safety. then tires on tractor pushbar, shove it up on the lift.. not the cleanest way, but about the safest considering what we have to deal with.