Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#4,066 ·
No that's not it . Tri-power was used only on the 406 FE engine. The 406 was used by two ford models, the Thunderbird and the Galaxy. They both used basically the same manifold with this one exception. The Galaxy manifold carb bases were stepped and the Tbird wasn't. Why? because they couldn't get the hood on the Tbird to shut so they planed the risers off the big car manifold.
And now you know the rest of the story.:D

Attachments

#4,078 ·
You are correct, Boothboy. The 400 HP Super Marauder 430 was available as a factory option on all 1958 Mercurys, and also as a dealer installed option on 1958 Lincolns and Continentals. Being a MEL (Mercury-Edsel-Lincoln) engine, The Super Marauder 430 was never offered in a Ford. Despite being the most powerful engine ever offered in an American production car (at the time), only about 100 were ever sold.

:thumbup:

#4,081 ·
Is it Grant? :sweat:

I have to assume I am write being I have a degree in Grants tomb I will ask a question.

What make model and year is this car and how do I know? It is one year only.

Brian

#4,084 ·
The roll down rear window says Ford. The beauty lines around 1/4 window says Chrysler famly. Neither one made a 1935-1940 five window coupe with suicide doors. The drip rail seems short but maybe its just the picture. The 1/4 window is the wrong shape for a GM product. Your not allowing the power window option so I'll assume the American flag and the tuck and roll won't be acceptable. So that leaves me with one thought. Beats the cr*p out of me!

:confused::confused: BB

#4,085 ·
I'm sorry, I should have shot a little more of the car. Ok, it's a mid thirties Ford. There is something that ONLY this year had that you can see in the photo.

Here is one a year before or after, same body but one thing is different.

Brian

#4,089 ·
Nope nope and Nope.

Ok, The doors are from a 33 and 34 Ford, what are the differences and why?

Forget fourdoor, two door, coupe it don't matter, this difference is the same with all of the body styles (outside of roadster and cabriolet I believe).

Brian

#4,094 ·
Yes the door at the window is different on the coupe's door (as it would be on every door that year, front doors on a four door and two doors as well) than the two door pictured. ALL doors of the respective years would look the same.

Why the difference? It is NOT about styling.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.