Trivia thread - Page 204 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
Brian Around here it is deer season, started yesterday, where I live ( in the middle of the woods) it is legal to shoot here, yep right in amongst the houses, so you don't really go out too much. My dogs go out with coats we made up out of orange cloth, they run out, do their duty and run in.

So looking at this screen is the best place to be, heck I have to wear orange to walk to my shop, or get the mail. I quit hunting a few years ago, I shot my share, you can shoot up to 5 deer. I get one from a kid that helps me.

Bob
That is wild!

I know that I was on a little walk last Jan 1st on the "Shoreline trail" at a park along the SF bay.

I saw a log looking boat out in the water and thought what in the hell is that guy doing? All of a sudden I heard a gun shot and couldn't believe that someone was hunting in the SF bay! When I got to the end of the trail at the Alameda creek trail there was a sign warning it was duck hunting season. If someone at a party would have told me there was legal duck hunting from the water at a regional park in the liberal SF bay area I would have told them they were out of their minds. But there it was, it blew me away that you could do this.
Do any accidents ever happen in your neck of the woods regarding this? Bullets thru houses, people, pets?

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2011, 11:15 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Dave W You must have been sitting there drinking coffee with that post on the screen, just waiting to send it, I got it so fast.

Even my wife asked me what I was doing up, then she says oh your Brain think it's an hour later. Learn something everyday, now she thinks I have a Brain.

Bob
Yep - on my 3rd cup - woke up at 0 Dark Thirty rarin' to go. I'' done a bunch of odds and ends waiting for the temp to get into the 30's outside

Brian - it's called 'terminal illness'. I don't always post, but look whenever I go by the puter which is on the way out the door - and speaking of that, the pup is dinging her - "I gotta go. NOW!!" bell.

Dave W
Old 11-06-2011, 11:23 AM

Last photo:

Trivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
That is wild!

I know that I was on a little walk last Jan 1st on the "Shoreline trail" at a park along the SF bay.

I saw a log looking boat out in the water and thought what in the hell is that guy doing? All of a sudden I heard a gun shot and couldn't believe that someone was hunting in the SF bay! When I got to the end of the trail at the Alameda creek trail there was a sign warning it was duck hunting season. If someone at a party would have told me there was legal duck hunting from the water at a regional park in the liberal SF bay area I would have told them they were out of their minds. But there it was, it blew me away that you could do this.
Do any accidents ever happen in your neck of the woods regarding this? Bullets thru houses, people, pets?

Brian
Maybe a house will take one, sometimes you hear about a cow or horse getting shot, dogs they never say, as it is legal to shoot dogs that are running around in the woods, as they bump deer (coon hunters term for chase). People hunting get shot every year, or die deer hunting, a guy a couple years ago, went to prison for shooting and killing his own son. I don't think the guy did it on purpose, but they said it could have been avoided.

A 84 year old man died yesterday, he was in his deer stand lighting the heater, some how caught on fire and fell out of his deer stand. Every year people shoot someone, walking through the bush.

The reason I quit there were to many people getting shot out of trees, I'm 67 years old, and I have never once seen a deer in a tree, not unless I had been drinking. But when people need to get a deer that bad, I stay home. I could go with friends that have their own land, but like I said I have shot enough deer in my life, I just feed them in the winter. They do need a hunting season, many car hits, they come into the city to look for food. In the Twin Cities, there are 1000's of deer. They have bow and arrow hunts right in the city parks. That's why there is a limit of 5 deer in many places.

As you may or may not know,Northern MN has very few people, and the towns are small, that is one way they make their money. People getting shot, well that's part of the deal. The odds are pretty low. Maybe 4 or 5 die, the same just get shot, young and old. We have around one million deer hunters every year. 5 million people in the state, so about 1/5th are hunting.

Bob
Old 11-06-2011, 11:45 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Maybe a house will take one, sometimes you hear about a cow or horse getting shot, dogs they never say, as it is legal to shoot dogs that are running around in the woods, as they bump deer (coon hunters term for chase). People hunting get shot every year, or die deer hunting, a guy a couple years ago, went to prison for shooting and killing his own son. I don't think the guy did it on purpose, but they said it could have been avoided.

A 84 year old man died yesterday, he was in his deer stand lighting the heater, some how caught on fire and fell out of his deer stand. Every year people shoot someone, walking through the bush.

The reason I quit there were to many people getting shot out of trees, I'm 67 years old, and I have never once seen a deer in a tree, not unless I had been drinking. But when people need to get a deer that bad, I stay home. I could go with friends that have their own land, but like I said I have shot enough deer in my life, I just feed them in the winter. They do need a hunting season, many car hits, they come into the city to look for food. In the Twin Cities, there are 1000's of deer. They have bow and arrow hunts right in the city parks. That's why there is a limit of 5 deer in many places.

As you may or may not know,Northern MN has very few people, and the towns are small, that is one way they make their money. People getting shot, well that's part of the deal. The odds are pretty low. Maybe 4 or 5 die, the same just get shot, young and old. We have around one million deer hunters every year. 5 million people in the state, so about 1/5th are hunting.

Bob
Thanks for the education, interesting. Yep, quite different than here alright.

Brian
Old 11-06-2011, 12:12 PM

Last photo:

Trivia

Quote:
Thanks for the education, interesting. Yep, quite different than here alright.

Brian
Yep!! But you have to start dodging bullets when the gangs get going.

The pictures are looking out unto my back patio, the deer are 10 from the window. Last year I had a small 6 point buck come up and put his nose on the window, whenever the feeder was empty. If you look at the woods behind my yard, that is what the whole area looks like, I have 3 acres. So a bullet in theory would not go very far as it would hit a tree.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	deer 1.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	59485   Click image for larger version

Name:	deer 6.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	59486   Click image for larger version

Name:	deer 9.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	59487  
Old 11-06-2011, 01:10 PM

OK - I've waited long enough!!!

These two "things" are one for GM and one for Ford. You do have to be kinda long of tooth to know what they did.

About an inch in diameter and a bit more tall.

Dave W
Old 11-06-2011, 01:22 PM

Last photo:

Trivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
OK - I've waited long enough!!!

These two "things" are one for GM and one for Ford. You do have to be kinda long of tooth to know what they did.

About an inch in diameter and a bit more tall.

Dave W
I know it still early, But two questions, why is that one not flat on the bench like the other, and could we see pictures of the inside?

Bob
Old 11-06-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I know it still early, But two questions, why is that one not flat on the bench like the other, and could we see pictures of the inside?

Bob
Not flat so ya could see that it has a hole through. A picture inside would show you that 'hole'
Old 11-06-2011, 08:15 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Yep!! But you have to start dodging bullets when the gangs get going.

The pictures are looking out unto my back patio, the deer are 10 from the window. Last year I had a small 6 point buck come up and put his nose on the window, whenever the feeder was empty. If you look at the woods behind my yard, that is what the whole area looks like, I have 3 acres. So a bullet in theory would not go very far as it would hit a tree.
I have never had to dodge bullets but it is a sad commentary of the times in this area.

Brian
Old 11-06-2011, 09:25 PM

Last photo:

Trivia

Quote:
I have never had to dodge bullets but it is a sad commentary of the times in this area.

Brian
While I try and think what those things Dave W posted, I will steal the thread by saying some of the worst gangs in the country are up here in the woods. The Native Americans on the Reservations are pretty tough, but they don't take it off the RES.

It is hard to believe some of the nicer cities are having so many troubles with gangs, The Twin Cities, S.F. Denver, Sure is sad to see.

I know what those things are just having Brain fade.

Bob
Old 11-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

What are they?

I've seen those things - didn't realize that the GM and Ford ones were different, and I am suffering a "senior moment" right now can can't recall what they are!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:56 PM

trivia thread

I believe chevy put out an ohv v-8 in 1917
Old 11-08-2011, 01:01 AM

Last photo:

Trivia

Brian Well three days, three deaths, the one fell out of a tree, one other fell out of tree, but shot himself, and the third one just shot himself, not on purpose. Falling out of trees is the biggest killer, shooting ones self is second.

Bob
Old 11-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I lived outside Duluth for 25 years, when the city boys hit the woods, it's time to hide. The twin city areas are the worse for the city boy invasion, not far from Terraplane. I would bet a buck (pun intended for a dollar) all three deaths are from S. Minn. Dan

PS. Bob those pics would make a nice Christmas card, beautiful!
Old 11-08-2011, 01:14 AM

Last photo:

Trivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
I lived outside Duluth for 25 years, when the city boys hit the woods, it's time to hide. The twin city areas are the worse for the city boy invasion, not far from Terraplane. I would bet a buck (pun intended for a dollar) all three deaths are from S. Minn. Dan

PS. Bob those pics would make a nice Christmas card, beautiful!
Dan To tell you the truth believe it or not these guys were not from the Twin Cities. The one today was a 16 year old kid from Mora. One was a 72 year old from the Range. the third was 84 years old from over I think they said Effie.

But most are idiots from the TC.

What pics, did I post some pics, brain fade.

Remember when you were here most of the Turkeys were in the SE corner, They have done a lot of stocking, they didn't stock them here but right next door about 5 years ago now you can see hundreds. They even have them right down town in the TC

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.14.10 turkeys 2.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	543.7 KB
ID:	59536   Click image for larger version

Name:	turkeys.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	59537  

Last edited by 35terraplane; 11-08-2011 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Add

Tags
humor, trivia

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.