Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#5,716 ·
Hmm, not by what I remember of found with a search just now. I could have sworn that there was one model GM car that came out FIRST but alas, I am wrong, there were more than that in year (not 74 from what I found).

I am finding more than one model but it wasn't 74. I really want to hear this particular car I have in my head from my youth that screamed NEW rectangular headlamps. It was a new model produced by GM (they did resurrect an old name, but a new model).

Brian

#5,722 ·
Looks like I was way too slow in my response, but in 1939, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, and Graham all had rectangular headlights.

1939 Graham:

Also, many buggy headlights were square or rectangular. As far as horseless carriages go, the oldest I could find is this 1901 Crestmobile.

:thumbup:

#5,742 ·
Juust go home ,Joe is correct with 8.1 or 496 they were in 2500 series and surburban sorry for delay.
The 8.1 is a great engine. A friend of mine has an early Avalanche 2500 with an 8.1 and the Allison transmission. It's definitely the best gas powered tow rig I have ever driven...:thumbup:

Next question:

What 1932 Ford replicar is available with curved side glass and a curved windshield?

#5,745 ·
I wanna say I read something in a magazine about a company called dearborn? making a 32 body with curved side glass and a completely hiding cloth top. If I am remembering correctly it was a completely one off very custom car though I don't even know if it is available as a kit or anything. But I don't know if the windshield was curved or not. Where do you guys come up with this stuff?:spank:

Kelly

#5,746 ·
You got it, Kelly, It's a Dearborn Deuce. :thumbup:

They made 300 steel kits, and I'm not sure how many in fiberglass.

They're a little longer and wider than a stock '32, and a lot heavier. The neatest part about them is the hideaway convertible top.

This is one that belongs to a friend/customer of mine.

Kelly, the floor is yours.....:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.