Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#7,241 ·
My truck was originally green and so many of the parts I bought over the years were green I figured that had to be it.

Ok, what car is this and what is this panel for on the top of the fender at the rear of the hood?

Brian

#7,242 ·
Boy I made a lot of money on these babies!! I'll let it go for a while and let someone else answer it. One interesting thing about them air conditioning wise was the impossible to find refrigerant leak! Usually I would see the car after it had been to half a dozen places with out correct results in repairing the A/C.
The repair actually was difficult and costly. I loved it because I had a trick way to remove the offending components and could always beat the flat rate. The trick to the diagnosis was simple. You had to leave the car overnight!' They had a nasty habit of leaking at the evaporator and the only way to find it was to charge the empty system the night before. It took all night for enough gas to collect in quantities that could be detected. First thing in the morning I'd stick the sniffer in the duct and it would scream. You could not detect it the day before. I was always the hero! As I remember the job payed about 6 hrs. Gold!

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

#7,247 · (Edited)
I have had several of these on my lot ,it is hard to remember all of them ,as I remember the battery is on the other side under a panel also ,the 240 .260 and 280 had this panel on drivers side for master cylinder acess also radiator reservoir tank was there also ,you cold get to them without opening the panel door but it was easier to open it ,I had a 280 zx Turbo annv. black and silver it had two vents in the hood not the fenders,the best I can remember ,,but my memory is not that good ,I would have to go back to pictures ,I kept pictures and extra keys to ALL car since I sold Buy Here Pay Here.:D the reason I said 280 it appears to be fuel injected ,I think the 240 and some 260 were carbureted ,the 260 was 1 year only I think

#7,246 ·
You got the car right sort of. It would be 240-280Z This particular car was a 240Z I believe. Ok, so you have that, what it's for you are not right, what if it's an automatic, no clutch reservoir then. And you can see the brake master has full access without that panel opening. What about the other side as well? The ZX didn't have these panels at all by the way.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.